Ingredients (yields one loaf)
For the bread
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cup4Cup flour
- ¼ cup ground golden flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the glaze
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus extra if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray one loaf pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, and oil until well incorporated. Then, stir in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg.
Fold the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
For the glaze, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth and light. Add milk and vanilla. Glaze should be thick but still thin enough to pour. If it’s too thick, add more milk until the right consistency is achieved.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled pumpkin bread, letting it run over the top and sides of the bread.