[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naMULmVf71Y&w=425&h=350]This commercial features an Asian American mom and daughter doing each others’ hair, spying on one another—basically being regular people. We wish we were in a day and age where this isn’t news, but unfortunately, it still is. After seeing a million commercials that play off Asian jokes and stereotypes, it’s nice to see Asian Americans on television portrayed as a normal, run-of-the-mill family. We’ve seen this once before from Target, with the awesome beatboxing mom. Bravo.
August 9, 2008
April 1, 2014
About the Author
- Mochi Mini: ourCommonplace
- One Woman’s Face Mask Design Protects Vulnerable Populations and the Environment
- Black Allyship @ Mochi Spotlight — Educate 626: San Gabriel Valley Community Unites in Solidarity With Silent Movement
- Finding Common Ground — One Dinner Party at a Time
- Meet the Filipino Women Activists of GABRIELA
Join the Mochi Family
Let's stay in touch.
Get the best of Mochi straight to your inbox!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.